Kane Moore: Fundraising one-to-one sessions for the arts
#besmartaboutart Creative Specialist Kane Moore is a mid-career fundraiser who provides up-to-date insight for art professionals with his one-to-one session work.
In general terms, what type of support do you provide creative professionals?
Advice on fundraising
What are five core areas that you often address (including types of specialism)?
- Guidance on Arts Council Grants for the Arts and strategic grants applications
- Advice on developing a crowdfunding campaign and other individual giving approaches (i.e. memberships), drawing on my experience of leading Battersea Arts Centre’s £1mil crowdfunding campaign following the fire to our venue.
- Support on articulating artistic projects through the development of a Case for Support, which presents the project’s aims and why it is needed.
- Bigger picture advice on fundraising and sponsorship opportunities for visual arts and how to approach identifying and cultivating potential supporters.
- Support with developing budgets to identify areas that funders can support, both financially and “in-kind” (i.e. an offer of free venues, materials)
"[Kane] is very inspiring and clear."
"Kane not only made the idea of asking for funding not scary but continually inspired me to jot down people and potential funders I already know!"
"[Working with Kane] gives me the confidence to approach the right people."
Investment for an initial 1-hour session:
Non-Members 80 GBP
BSAA Members 70 GBP
BOOK AN EXPLORATORY 20-MINUTE SESSION WITH KANE NOW:
ARRANGE A 20MIN SESSION WITH KANE
NEED MORE INSIGHT? SPEAK WITH MARIA (Programme Director, Creative Biz Specialists)
In this 7-minute video, Kane provides an overview of fundraising opportunities in the arts: