Who should attend? Art Dealers, Gallerists, Independent Curators, Art Consultants and Art Agents who are in the first three years of trading.
Feb. 4, 2013, 9 a.m. - Feb. 6, 2013, 6 p.m. UK time (see time converter)
The Studio Building | 21 Evesham Street | London W11 4AJ
Tube: Latimer Road
Elinor Olisa Barikor,
Patricia Van Den Akker,
Susan J Mumford,
Members £495 | Full £750
Time: 9am-6pm each day
Who should attend the Art Dealers' Bootcamp?
Art Dealers, Gallerists, Independent Curators, Art Consultants and Art Agents who are in the first three years of trading.
What should you expect?
You experience three jam-packed days learning the foundations for running a successful practice. Participants hear from visiting experts who divulge expertise in their individual specialist subjects, with each session ranging from 30 minutes to two hours. The Bootcamp for Art Dealers benefits those just starting out as well as curators who have been trading for up to 3 years (including gallery owners already exhibiting at art fairs).
To reserve your place, register now for £20. You will then be invited to complete a Bootcamp pre-registration form (this will be emailed as a link), in which you can state your personal goals for the course, as well as your experience to date. Following completion of the pre-registration form, a 50% deposit will be payable to book your place, and the remaining 50% will be due later (two weeks prior to the bootcamp).
Interested in building a long-term peer community and staying in the know - for less money?!
Keen to take advantage of the hugely discounted rate of only £350
by joining the Be Smart About Art Members' Network? Click here
to join the Members' Network - and then come back to this page to register your place at the discounted rate!
More about Bootcamp...! The modules are:
- Overview of the art world;
- Pricing, editions and primary / secondary market;
- Defining your art practice;
- Marketing Part I: Products, Audience and Marketing Plan;
- Time to get legal - The Basics (contracts, intellectual property & ARR);
- Making your network work for you.
- Getting to grips with IT / Online Technology;
- Photography & documentation;
- Moving Art: Packing, shipping & storing art;
- Insure & be reassured;
- Financial essentials for art dealers; and
- How building credibility leads to profitability.
- Marketing Part II: The Digital Age;
- Selling art - short-term, long-term, client development, closing, mindset & more;
- Art fairs;
- The dealing of art dealing;
- Informal presentations and goals / next steps; and
- A summary of actions to take that can help to advance your career.