Open studios: Best practices for success
Tips & tricks from those in the know
Date: Jan. 28, 2013, 6:30 p.m. - Jan. 28, 2013, 9 p.m. UK time (see time converter)
Location: The Studio Building | 21 Evesham Street | Notting Hill | W11 4AJ London
Price: Special Offer: 2 for 1 Bring a Friend for free! £15 |Members £7.50 | | Full £15
Did you miss the original event? All is not lost!
Become a BSAA Member and listen to the audio recording as one of many Membership benefits.
This talk for artists (ranging from emerging to established) is being co-hosted by Be Smart About Art and FACK!, and will present the perspectives of two professional artists who will divulge key insight to the audience.
The two guest speakers will give tips from the inside on how to make the most of open studio events. Be Smart About Art Founder Susan Mumford will moderate the discussion.
Some food for thought ahead of the discussion:
- How can and when should you market the event before it takes place?
- How can social media be leveraged to entice new potential clients? Examples of success stories will be provided.
- How should the studio be set up for the event?
- What should you aim to achieve at the event and how can this be achieved in conversations with visitors?
- What are the best ways to follow up after the open studios event finishes?
There will be an opportunity to network with an audience of artists and curators before and after the discussion.