Online Workshop: Getting a gallery to love you
Workshop for art world professionals
Date: Nov. 20, 2018, 7:30 p.m. - Nov. 20, 2018, 9 p.m. UK time (see time converter)
Speakers: Susan J Mumford
Price: £5 - £17
Ah, first love, full of pristine walls and perfectly positioned lighting. True love may seem easier to find than gallery representation, but this talk (from a former gallerist) will give the low-down on the high- brow, focusing on how to identify a gallery you’ll be happy to work with who might also like your work, and on making that initial approach.
Are you an art artist who:
- Would like to understand the top 3 ways to attain representation, by a gallerist, art dealer or consultant?
- Doesn't know what should be put in place to make yourself of greater of interest to galleries?
- Finds it frustrating that gallerists and curators don't reply to emails and/or don't attend your exhibitions?
- Is ready to work with a gallery but don't know what to do to make this happen?
- Wants to change gallery or get additional representation?
- Is interested in self representing?
- Likes the idea of selling out of your own studio as well as online and with galleries?
If you have answered “yes” to any of the above, this webinar is for you!
As a result of the webinar, you will:
- Find out what you can put into place to be well positioned to attract new professional partnerships (artists and gallerists alike);
- Get insight into the various parameters of representation, including how artists can work with multiple dealers or move on from existing representative;
- Learn how best to research and select galleries/reps/artists to approach;
- Ascertain what NOT to do (things that are done all the time that have no effect);
- Understand what you SHOULD do (proven to work by successful professionals);
- Find out how to make initial contact, follow up and build relationships that are likely to stand the test of time;
- Know what action to take when a potential rep expresses interest, and why it’s better to start with a group show;
- Discover the fundamentals for entering a mutually beneficial and protected working relationship (including understanding that the decision goes two ways).
- And more!
You'll leave this interactive webinar with an improved understanding of how to going about successfully selling art.
This is the third in a series of three webinars designed to address the core questions and challenges artists often face when building a professional career + business.
About the speaker:
SUSAN J MUMFORD
A game-changer in the 21st Century art world, Susan's an entrepreneur, mentor, speaker, moderator and author. Her first foray into supporting industry professionals was in the form of the Association of Women Art Dealers (AWAD), which she established in 2010 while running a gallery in Soho, London. This was followed by the launch of Be Smart About Art, an online-accessible professional development platform that helps creative professionals thrive in a changing world. In late 2015, her first book was published in the name of BSAA's motto: `'Art is your life. Make it your living." While based in London, Susan spends notable periods around the UK and also in the USA and Continental Europe, delivering workshops and keynotes, mentoring creative professionals, facilitating panel discussions, judging art prizes and more.
Follow Susan on social media:
----------Full refunds are available until 24 hours before the webinar takes place.